This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Behrend chapter.

Whoever said leggings aren’t pants, is seriously disturbed. Sometimes jeans don’t cut it, and leggings are the perfect alternative. But, the most important part to wearing leggings as pants, is knowing when you can and can’t wear your favorite leggings with the holes (I’m looking at you Taylor and Lexie).

There are five categories that my leggings are seperated into in their drawer.  Yes, I do have my leggings in their own separate drawer, just like my sunglasses and scarves have their own sections in my room. 

Classic Black Leggings

These are the leggings that I have the most of, and wear usually on a daily basis. You can find them as cheap as $10, but I suggest investing in a more durable pair to avoid the dreaded hole in the thigh. 

Lulu Lemons

Lulu Lemons are known for being their own category.  You can find these in almost any pattern and color, as well as different styles – cropped, full length, high-waist, you name it.  Their most popular Wunder Under Pant are my favorite. They are a high-end brand, but certainly live up to the hype, price, and name.  #DoItForTheBooty

Workout Leggings

Before I was a communications major, I was studying kinesiology. And you know what they say, dress the part you are applying for. Obviously, I went out and bought every type of legging that fit into the workout category. As it turns out, I was not cut out to be a professional in exercise science. But, I do have enough workout leggings to fake the part. These leggings are made of a special fabric that wicks sweat away, and keeps you dry throughout your workout. 

Fancy Workout Leggings

To spice up your workout, I suggest buying attire that will not only put you in a better mood, but will also have you looking forward to sweatin’ it up. My personal favorite are these glitter leggings that remind me I don’t sweat, I sparkle.  #Fitspiration #TeamEdward

Fleece Leggings

These are the perfect remedy for those cold winter mornings when you crawl out of your fleece sheets, and the last thing you want to do is get dressed.  The fleece lining inside of these leggings are like Uggs for your legs. I’ve found that Eddie Bauer sells some of the most comfy ones! 

Photo Credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Work hard; shop harder Senior comm major with an affinity for gold glitter, pineapples, and perfume Twitter @madelinereichel; Instagram @maddyreichel; www.mraereichel.tumblr.com