This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Behrend chapter.

Brie Riley is a junior at Behrend and has a lot to show for her hard work. I have had the pleasure of getting to know her and her story is nothing shy of motivational. She balances many clubs and eboard positions with her personal life and volunteering. She is a true example of where hard work will get you and what kind of opportunities exist at Behrend. She has shared a little bit about her accomplishments as well as some advice for people in her position.

What year are you at Behrend?

I am a junior.

What is your major/majors.

Accounting and Management Information Systems.

What kind of clubs/ organizations are you involved in at Behrend?

I am the Vice President of Circle K. I hold the treasurer position for the Entrepreneur Club. I am the President of the Accounting Club and the Treasurer of the National Society of Leadership and Success. I am also an active member of the MIS club and Reality Check.

What do you do like to do in your spare time?

Go to the gym, hangout with friends, study, hike, and take pictures as photography is a hobby of mine.

I understand you have a pretty rare opportunity with a large accounting firm, could you elaborate on that?

In my intro to accounting class I asked my professor to look at my resume and she recommended that I apply for the position at Deloitte. I first had two phone interviews and then had an in office interview in Pittsburgh. After being offered an internship I became their first Sophomore intern in Deloitte advisory at the Pittsburgh office. Day-to-day I was treated as a first year consultant. We tested general IT controls for clients. I worked on four different engagements and traveled to Dallas Texas. I will be interning with them again in Summer 2017.

What is your current job during the school year?

Aside from being a full-time student, I also volunteer for Erie Free Taxes. I am a volunteer income tax assistant.

How did you come across this opportunity.

It is offered through Behrend as a class which provides credits.

What is your end goal.

Originally my goal was to be a preschool teacher. My goal changed into wanting to open my own daycare and handle the business side of things. So I can incorporate my love for children with my love for the business world.

What advice would you give to someone in a similar position to you before your Deloitte internship?

I would say first, form a strong relationship with your professors. Being at a small school you have the opportunity to become close with your professors and they have a lot of contacts and knowledge to share. Build up your resume as best as you can. Also find your passion, I am passionate about volunteering so I try to incorporate that into my life. I would also recommend joining all of the clubs that interest you.

Brie will be continuing her internship with Deloitte and has been offered a full-time job upon graduation. I would like to thank Brie for sharing a little bit of her story and tips for success with Her Campus!

Hi I'm Alex! I'm currently majoring in Marketing but my true passions are fashion and writing. I hope to merge those two loves into a marketing job one day. I hope my articles are both enjoyable and meaningful to readers. Happy reading 
Kayla McEwen

PS Behrend

Kayla A. McEwen: President and Campus Correspondent  Senior at Penn State Behrend Marketing & Professional Writing Major Part-time dreamer and full-time artist Lover of art, fashion, witty conversation, winged eyeliner, and large cups of warm beverages.