This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Providence chapter.

1. Clean Up!

In the job world, first impressions can be daunting, but extremely important. This is why it is necessary to make sure that you LinkedIn and Resume are up to date and ready to be seen by any employer. It is helpful to check these with other people; in case you are missing any mistakes.

2. Check out the career center- Slavin 108!

Make an appointment or simply walk in. There are so many helpful resources here that people don’t know too much about. They assist with finding internships, jobs, practicing for interviews and revising resumes and cover letters. Make sure to also attend the job and career fairs and any networking events. While these still make me very nervous, they could really help you later on.

3. Network, Network, Network!

Having connections is one of the best ways to find new opportunities. You can learn from these people, and maybe even get a job because of one of them. Don’t be afraid to reach out to these people after you meet them too. Open communication can make a great impression

4. Apply to multiple jobs

You never know who is reading your application, so it is the best bet to apply to a lot of different companies with similar positions. There are greater odds that you will get an offer if you have many different options. Check out eFriars for a long list of available jobs.

5. Research

Not only should you research what type of career you want to head for, you should also make sure that you are researching any company you are applying to. If you are on an interview, it is much more impressive when there is more of a conversation about the company and you are knowledgeable about it.

6. Get involved in relevant things

Join clubs that can be relatable to a skill or trait that you want to emphasize to employers. If you are a marketing/accounting/finance major, joining Women in Business can help you to network and learn more about your industry!

7. Don’t Get Frustrated

While it is easy to be disappointed, remember that everything happens for a reason, and just keep trying! Every interview and job application is a learning experience and something that you will be grateful for later on. You’ll do great!