A Message from our friends at Modavanti

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Princeton chapter.
The Her Campus Princeton team is a huge supporter of sustainable fashion, but you’d already knew that if you checked out our reviews of Sustainable Fashion Initiative (our favorite group on campus) events as well as our very own sustainable fashion photoshoot: ‘Will Work for Trees.‘ Modavanti, one of our new favorite brands, has launched crownfunding campaign. Below is their letter which explains their campaign and the need for support. 

Over the past decade we have experienced the organic foods revolution, we are witnessing the hybrid/electric cars revolution and now we are seeing the beginning of a sustainable revolution in fashion.
Such a movement has always been necessary. And with the recent news of the factory tragedies in Bangladesh, it is now more critical than ever. We cannot keep polluting our environment and mistreating workers in the name of cheap throwaway fashion.
But for the sustainable fashion revolution to truly take hold, we as conscious consumers need a trusted destination to find clothing that fits our values without sacrificing on style. 
To be this recognized destination requires thousands of dollars to market our site, build brand recognition and gain new customers. That is why we hope you will join us by contributing to, and sharing, our campaign.
With so many brands creating beautiful, sustainable fashion, we at Modavanti have an opportunity to make a lasting difference and put people, planet and profit on the same level. Sustainability is the future of fashion and we hope you will join us so that we can all join the future!
Thank you again for your continued support,
The Modavanti Team

Ajibike Lapite is a member of Princeton University’s Class of 2014. When not studying, Ajibike tutors at the Young Scholar’s Institute in Trenton, NJ; serves as the President  of the Princeton Premedical Society; is the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Princeton; currently holds the title of Most Stylish Undergraduate (from Stylitics). Ajibike is a  molecular biology major with a certificate in global health & policy. She enjoys consumption of vanilla ice cream and sweet tea, watching games of criquet, exploring libraries, lusting after Blair Waldorf’s wardrobe, watching far too much television, editing her novel, staying watch at the mailbox, playing tennis and golf in imitation of the pros, hanging out with the best friends she’s ever had, baking cookies that aren’t always awesome, being Novak Djokovic’s fan girl, and sleeping—whenever and wherever she can.