Diamond: Humming a Different Tune in June

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Princeton chapter.

Hello again!

I wanted to give a quick update for this June:

• First time cooking for myself full-time (I know, I’ve been spoiled)
  • First experience working in a laboratory
  • Discovered Greek yogurt (healthy creamy goodness)

June has held many new experiences for me, and so far it has been good! I have yet to whither away from a laziness to cook OR become a sweating couch potato from eating fast food everyday. My roommate and I have been cooking fast and healthy meals everyday (minus going out to sushi that one day). Being the good Asians we are, we have been documenting our daily meals, and I think there has been improvement!

As for working out, being near a free gym has done wonders. With the temperatures nearing the 100’s, my only workout would be turning on the fan if it weren’t for the air-conditioned gym.

My weight prior to June: 135
Current weight: 132 (I am suspicious at this weight loss. It may be due to excessive water loss from sweating profusely in this heat)

However, my goal really isn’t to lose weight. Since I am an athlete I usually lose weight when I am off-season, because I trade heavy muscle for less heavy fat. I would like to keep toned and healthy, which may mean gaining weight instead of losing it.

STAY COOL (but actually)!

Diamond

P.S. I have my workout routine and a product review coming up later this week, and easy smoothie and baked oatmeal recipes in the coming week!