The Bootyliciousness of Cardio and Choco(late)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Princeton chapter.
Lindsay Ellingson, Alessandra Ambrosio, Miranda Kerr, Doutzen Kroes.
Yes, these are just a very few of the lingerie models that everyone, guys and girls, on
campus will gather at Frist’s TV lounge to critique, judge, and ultimately ogle. The show is
fashion at its minimum and who can resist the absurd but yet incredibly amazing $2.5
million dollar bra?! What we’ll all be envying is certainly not the ridiculous wings or head
accessories, which reminds me more of head gear than accessory. On the night of
December 4th, fashion will triumph over baseball, football, or any other sports broadcast at
Frist. No one is immune to those winks, smiles, and booty tooches, especially when clad in
lingerie. The Victoria Secret fashion show is sexy and bootylicious, making it the ultimate
TV and fashion event each year.

Perfect hair, perfect bodies, and perfect booties. I have no shame in admiting that I
wish I could have a body like Miranda Kerr’s (post-child birth, totally fine). Obviously
building that lean, toned figure is no easy feat, which is why I, and the majority of the
female population, are not Victoria Secret supermodels. Aside from their naturally tall,
slender God-given bodies, the models take on rigorous training for months prior to the
show, all of which include hard work at the gym and healthy eating. However, in achieving
your own beautiful, perfect body, you don’t need to torture yourself through Adrianna
Lima’s egg-concoction liquid diet or any other fad diets for that matter. As young, college
women, it truly comes down to exercising regularly, maintaing health habits, and being
confident about yourself (smile!).

Trying to achieve that perfect balance between working, studying, and socializing is
hard. Exercising, however, might just be the cure to finding that balance by boosting your
energy and confidence levels. Your brain releases endorphins, “feel-good” hormones, that
uplift your mood and energy. In addition, with all the delicious food (turducken anyone?)
and bubbly, sparkling drinks that inevitably follow Thanksgiving dinner and Christmas
holiday parties, avoiding weight gain seems nearly impossible.

Sticking to at least of 30 minutes of cardio and some ab exercises each morning is
the key to keeping your figure nice and slim. Remember, the hardest part is getting
dressed and heading to Dillon. Knowing that you’ve accomplished the difficult feat of
actually waking up at 6:30 AND working out is the best way to begin your day. If you
haven’t ventured down below Dillon this semester, its time you get started by finding out
WHERE exactly the fitness center is. The time to lookin’ and feelin’ good is now so start by
incorporating some cardio regularly in your busy schedules, and prep up for bikini
summer, which is not that far away!

Here’s a weekly workout routine for the gym newbie:
• Monday – 15 min treadmill.
• Tuesday – 10 min treadmill and 10 min elliptical.
• Wednesday – 20 min treadmill.
• Thursday – rest
• Friday – 15 min treadmill and 15 min elliptical.
• Saturday – 20 min cardio of your choice.
• Sunday – rest and INDULGE, in moderation of course.

Start out slow. If you’re a beginner, make it a goal to run or walk continously by the
end of the week. If you workout regularly, then challenge yourself! Switch it up with
interval training or ramp up the incline. Most importantly (especially those newbies),
enjoy sweating! Sweating means means your workout is challenging and you’re giving
your body a good workout. Also, be sure to treat yourself once a week for you hard work.
I’m an absolute dark chocolate fan but no matter what your sweet tooth craves, do so in
moderation. Don’t overindulge in those oh-so-yummy late meal muffins. And as VS model
Lindsay Ellingson says, “It’s architecture, really. You have to eat to build a butt, you have to
work out to build a butt…” It might be hard at first but building a oh-so-bootylicious butt is
much more rewarding in the long-run than those late meal muffins, no matter how
nommies they might be at the moment. Go to Dillon for a bit of cardio and reward yourself
with some choco(late) after! Be beautiful and be bootylicious!
Tiffany is a sophomore at Princeton University, and a prospective Geoscience major with an Environmental Studies certificate.  Born and raised in Honolulu, Hawaii, Tiffany is excited to be part of the Her Campus team at Princeton and has definitely enjoyed shopping for a new wardrobe of winter clothes.  When Tiffany isn't working out at Dillon, online shopping for the hottest workout gear of the season, or writing health/exercise articles for Princeton's HC blog, Tiffany is eating her way through up-and-coming restaurants in NYC and around the world.  She loves healthy and delicious fusion cuisine.  Tiffany's favorite food is tuna tartare, and her favorite cardio workout is Zumba.
Ajibike Lapite is a member of Princeton University’s Class of 2014. When not studying, Ajibike tutors at the Young Scholar’s Institute in Trenton, NJ; serves as the President  of the Princeton Premedical Society; is the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Princeton; currently holds the title of Most Stylish Undergraduate (from Stylitics). Ajibike is a  molecular biology major with a certificate in global health & policy. She enjoys consumption of vanilla ice cream and sweet tea, watching games of criquet, exploring libraries, lusting after Blair Waldorf’s wardrobe, watching far too much television, editing her novel, staying watch at the mailbox, playing tennis and golf in imitation of the pros, hanging out with the best friends she’s ever had, baking cookies that aren’t always awesome, being Novak Djokovic’s fan girl, and sleeping—whenever and wherever she can.