etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Why Being Single on Valentine’s Day’s the Best

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

Valentine’s Day’s is here which many people have mixed feelings about. Even if you don’t celebrate it, you’re constantly reminded of Valentine’s Day in stores, on campus and online. Being single around this time of the year might make some feel a little lonely, but being single on Valentine’s Day’s the best! Here are a list of reasons and ways everyone can and should enjoy being single on Valentine’s Day.

No Plans + No Gifts = More Money

On Valentine’s Day, you can do whatever you want. You don’t have to worry about going out, dressing up nice or worrying over plans. Also, buying presents can be such a stressful thing. Being single means you don’t have to worry about getting the perfect present or how much money to spend on a gift. And you know how broke we all are in college.

Binge-Watching

Who needs a man on when you can just watch Ryan Gosling in The Notebook on Valentine’s Day? Being free on Valentine’s Day means that you can spend it binge-watching your favorite movies or favorite on-screen couples.

Galentine’s Day!

Valentine’s Day doesn’t just have to be for people with a significant other. There are so many people in our lives that we probably don’t say thank you to often enough. Celebrate the amazing women in your life that’ve always been there for you. Maybe buy someone a present to show your appreciation for them.

Treat Yourself

Okay, this motto applies to literally every scenario but it’s true. Don’t feel weird about going out when you’re single on Valentine’s Day. Go somewhere by yourself or with friends to do something fun like getting a manicure, going shopping or to dinner. Buy yourself something nice because you deserve it, and you deserve to treat yourself right!

No matter if you’re single or in a relationship, Valentine’s Day’s just another day. So be proud because we’re all independent women!