This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

What’s in my Carry-On?

It’s officially that time of year! You’re stressing over midterms and running on just a few hours of sleep. If you’re anything like me, packing is not at the top of the list. Don’t worry though, packing last minute can be super easy.

When you’re packing, keep it simple! I live in California and I fly home for breaks, so I take into consideration what I can carry with me on the plane. I have a bad habit of either over or under-packing, so this break I’ll stick to the essentials! The airline I fly with allows a small bag and a medium-sized bag (small suitcase).

In my suitcase:

• Undergarments
  • Socks (5 pairs)
  • Favorite pair of jeans
  • 1 dress
  • 4 shirts
  • 1 sweater
  • Makeup
  • Toiletries
  • Glasses
  • Laptop, laptop charger, headphones & schoolwork (& school supplies) ☹
  • Black sandals
  • White converse
  • Black Nikes

The weather will be in the high 60’s and partly cloudy, aka a good 20 degrees warmer than Portland!

In my carry on:

• Phone charger
  • Headphones
  • Small purse with my wallet and phone
  • Chapstick
  • Two books

I hope this helped make packing easier for you all! Pack smart, pack light, and have a fabulous spring break!

Isabel Cornejo

Portland '22

Hi! My name is Isabel and I am currently attending the University of Portland. I'm a SoCal girl at heart but I've been loving life up in the Pacific Northwest. I'm studying Business Administration: Marketing and Spanish and I'll be studying abroad next year!