This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

1. Family

Family is something that will always be there for you. They are loving, supporting, and caring. Please mention to your family how much they mean to you.  

2. Friends

Your friends are the family that you chose for yourself. They know what you’re going through and can give some of the best advice. 

3. Pets

I don’t know about you, but my dog always makes me happy after a rough day. You can always rely on your furry friend for companionship and a listening ear.

4. The “little” things

A roof over your head, a bed, hot showers, blankets, food, water, a cell phone, clothes, shoes, and the list goes on. Not everyone in the world is as fortunate to have these things. It’s important to remember this during the season of giving.

5. Health

Good health is always something to be thankful for. In our society access to good medical care is more available than many other places.

Always remember how blessed you are and be thankful for the life you have. Be thoughtful, be kind, and be consensus. Happy Thanksgiving!

Hello! I am an Elementary Education major at the University of Portland. I love writing, the outdoors, swimming, reading, drinking tea, and watching movies. I am a firm believer that to live a successful life you must do what makes you happy. :)