This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

Whether you’re traveling home, hanging with friends or staying on campus for spring break, everyone needs a jammin’ playlist to rock out to! Here’s a list of 11 songs, some old and some new, to spice up your spring break.

1. Sucker by the Jonas Brothers

New from every 2000’s kid’s favorite boy band, Sucker by The Jonas Brothers was just released and is exactly the reunion song we’ve all been waiting for! Sucker is a super fresh track with a cute music video featuring the brother’s significant others, just in time to jam to this spring break season.

2. Werewolf by QUINN XCII (feat. Yoshi Flower)

Werewolf is the fifth track off QUINN XCII’s newest album From Michigan with Love. This song mixes soulful lyrics and brass, sure to add some variety to any playlist. And for all those University of Portland gals out there, this song is a great way to dive into this year’s Rock the Bluff artist!

3. Shine a Light by BANNERS

Shine a Light is an uplifting song that starts slow and picks up speed as it goes on, perfect for late night drives. Singer Michael Joseph Nelson’s beautiful vocals and haunting lyrics make this song a wonderful addition to this list.

4. Talk by Khalid

Khalid’s newest single combines his beautiful pipes with the cool low-fi beats of Disclosure and will add some flare to your playlist. You’ll not be able to listen to this without tapping your foot or bobbing your head along to the beat.

5. Come on Eileen by Dexy’s Midnight Runners

This is a classic 80’s throwback that always makes you want to dance. Come on Eileen never gets old, and is just the song you need to brighten up your day.

6. Saturday Sun by Vance Joy

This song will make you feel warm and get you longing for the summer sun ahead. Vance Joy’s endearing indie pop/folk style makes for a chill spring break theme song, with adorable lyrics about love adding a cherry on top to this cute tune.

7. Sunflower by Post Malone and Swae Lee

Although this song has been all over since the release of Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse, it continues to be an anthem perfect for chill spring break nights. Post Malone and Swae Lee’s voices sound perfectly complimentary on this track and will make you want to jam out every time you hear it.

8. JT by Jon Bellion

An inspirational tale of success and a personal favorite song of mine, JT by Jon Bellion is sure to be stuck in your head as soon as you listen to it (and if you like it enough, he is going on tour this summer so grab your tickets!)

9. Three-Thirty by AJR

With a new single and rumors of a new album coming soon, you’ve got to listen to this track from AJR’s sophomore album The Click. This song (clocking in at exactly three minutes and thirty seconds) has an interesting message about the modern music industry and a sick beat that makes for an amazing listening experience!

10. Grip by Bastille and Seeb

This electronic masterpiece by Bastille and Seeb is the perfect addition to any spring break music rotation. This song is from Bastille’s December 2018 mixed tape release Other People’s Heartache (Pt. 4), and has an infectious beat that will make you hit repeat.

11. Yours by Andrew Huang

Yours by YouTube musician extraordinaire Andrew Huang is an electronic, synth wave vibe that is a perfect representation of his style of music. And if you find yourself with nothing to do over your spring break, you can also check out Andrew’s many interesting videos on how he crafts his music!

Here’s a link to the entire playlist! 

Rylee Mattson

Portland '22

Hello! I'm Rylee Mattson, a 19 year old freshmen Biology major at the University of Portland! I am a sucker for cats and I love anything music: record collecting, going to concerts, and listening to new albums, just to name a few. In the future, I'd like to be working with animals or the environment in one way or another, but for now I'm just focusing on getting my degree!