My Top 5 Songs From This Week’s New Music Friday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

Another week has come and gone, which means that we’ve been #blessed with another New Music Friday playlist on Spotify. These playlists are one of the highlights of my week because I love finding new songs and artists to listen to. Here are some of my favorites from this week!

1. “Narcos” by Migos 

Spotify started the playlist off strong with this one. Migos’ new album is here! After listening to the album in its entirety, every track’s a bop but “Narcos” is one of the best, by far. If you like this one, also listen to MotorSport (featuring Cardi B and Nicki Minaj!) or Gang Gang. Bops all around.

2. “Say Something” by Justin Timberlake (ft. Chris Stapleton) 

T-MINUS 5 DAYS UNTIL JT’S NEW ALBUM COMES OUT, but who’s counting? This album has been a long time coming since JT’s last album came out in 2013 (!!!) He has released three singles from the new one, and Say Something has been my favorite so far because it features one of my favorite country singers, Chris Stapleton. It has a country melody, which is different from anything JT has ever done, but it’s wonderful!

3. “You Make it Easy” by Jason Aldean 

Speaking of country music, does Jason Aldean ever come out with a bad song? I don’t think so. He could probably sing the dictionary, and I would enjoy it.

4. “JOYFUL” by X Ambassadors This is a feel-good song for sure. Lyrics include, “Can’t say I’m perfect, but I certainly tried/ To be joyful, joyful/ Joyful and happy, sunny and bright.” Who wouldn’t like this?

5. “Some Time” by Russ 

If you’re on Twitter, you’ll see that Russ gets a lot of flack, but I actually love his music. I heard this song for the first time and it was stuck in my head for the rest of the day. 10/10

Happy listening!

Student at the University of Portland #GoPilots CA born and raised, OR transplant Lover of coffee, music, sarcasm and dogs