alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

My Summer Obsession: The Orchid Boutique

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

To be completely honest, there are two items I hate spending money on: sunglasses and swimsuits. Like every other Pacific Northwest gal, these two only see the light of day during the summer months. And then, just like that, I came across my new summer obsession: The Orchid Boutique. Designer swimsuits on a college student’s budget? Sign me up! To say I’m obsessed would be an understatement. With summer only a few short months away, treat yourself to a new two-piece, monokini or tankini.

Here’s my pick: 

Cute, right? The Blake Petal Underwire Cami perfectly complements the Teeny Reed Black Bottom. Personally, I love black swimsuits – not only do they compliment your figure, but they also bring out your tan! As someone who doesn’t tan easily, this is a dream come true.

Not going anywhere sunny this summer but want an excuse to pick up a suit of your own?  

Relax in the Kenna Sauna.

Confession time: I’m about to graduate from UP in less that two months and I haven’t been to the Kenna Sauna. I can’t wait to try out my new swimsuit in one of Kenna’s best-kept secrets. 

Take a day trip to the coast.

Granted, the water is going to be chilly this time of year, but it doesn’t mean you can’t rock a new bikini underneath a few layers of warmth.

Have fun in your own backyard.

When the temperature starts to peak, grab your gal pals and fill a plastic kiddie pool with water (I won’t judge if you add some warm water in there, too!). Have towels ready so you can avoid freezing!

Wherever you find yourself this summer, make sure you have a quality swimsuit in your wardrobe! 

Hanna attends the University of Portland and is studying Marketing with a minor in Communication Studies. Getting lost, adventuring in the Pearl on a cloudy afternoon and eventually ending up in a local coffee shop are some of Hanna’s greatest pleasures in life. Hanna hopes to pursue a career in public relations upon graduation and plans to adopt the “City of Roses” as her new home. She is an avid writer and loves spending time with her favorite American authors, Ernest Hemingway and Kurt Vonnegut, with a good cup of coffee and a cozy blanket. Hanna is the Campus Correspondent and Editor-In-Chief for Her Campus Portland.