Meet Faith and Formation Ambassador Taylor

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

Meet one of Mehling Hall’s Faith and Formation Ambassador, Taylor.

Name: Taylor Agelson

Year: Sophomore

Major: Organizational Communication

Dorm: Mehling Hall

Hometown: San Jose, CA

Favorite Disney Character: Peter Pan

Favorite Color: Blue. Light Blue if we are being specific

Favorite Season: Spring in Portland and Fall in San Jose

Mountains or the Beach? Beach

One thing you can’t live without: My Piglet stuffed animal

What inspired you to be an FFA?

The former FFA’s before me and my desire to grow in my faith while leading others.

What has been the most rewarding from this experience as a leader of the dorm?

Building relationships with the other FFA’s who challenge me to grow in my faith and as a person. Having the opportunity to lead and meet other students through the Connect Retreat and Hall Retreat has been a great experience.

What has been the most difficult aspect of being an FFA?

Probably the stigma around religion and how when you tell someone you are a leader in Campus Ministry, they sometimes make assumptions that are not necessarily true.  It also can be very difficult to get people excited to come to hall mass, in such a big dorm.

What are some events that you have held this school year?

As FFAs we plan our hall retreats and in the beginning of the semester we held a tea and hot coco night to welcome back the residents from Christmas break.  Another successful event I held along with the other West Quad FFA’s and SJC’s was the “West Quad, We Need to Talk” Event.  This focused on healthy relationships.

Do you have any advice for future Faith and Formation Ambassadors?

Put yourself out there and be yourself.  If you put your whole heart into it, you’ll get a lot more out of it!!!