This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

My water bottle is by far my favorite accessory. Staying hydrated is really important, but how much water should we be drinking a day? More importantly how many water bottles is that? While there are some different opinions about how much water we should be consuming, the Mayo Clinic recommends that an adequate intake of water for women is around 9 cups or 2.2 liters, about 72-74 ounces, of total beverages a day. Ah, did you see how it doesn’t say 2.2 liters of water? That doesn’t mean that you can trade in your water bottle for a coffee cup and some soda. Nope, the majority of that intake should be water. You may have heard the “8 by 8” rule about staying hydrated, which is 8-8 ounces glasses of water day. This actually isn’t proven by science, but is still a good rule of thumb that’s easy to remember. Here’s some cute water bottles and how many of them you should drink a day to stay hydrated:

1. Hydro Flask

This bottle holds 21 ounces of water, so to reach the recommended goal, 9 cups or 72 ounces, drink about 3.5 of these a day. 

2. Contigo 

This glass contigo bottle in airy blue holds 20 ounces, so to get to 72 ounces, drink about 4 full bottles throughout your day. 

3. Sip by Swell 

This bright orange bottle holds 15 ounces, so make sure to drink at least 5 of these to hit 72 ounces. 

4. Swell 

This is super cute patterned bottle holds 17 ounces. Drink about 4.5 of these a day to stay hydrated. Sounds swell to me! 

5. Klean Kanteen 

Last but not least, is this 27 ounce water bottle. To reach the suggested amount, drink at least 3 of these throughout the day. I have this bottle in tidal pool and use it everyday! 

Victoria is a senior marketing major with a sustainability minor at the University of Portland. In her free time, she loves browsing the aisles of Target, exploring Portland and drinking chocolate milk. When in doubt her outfits are almost entirely from Old Navy and you can normally find her in Kenna Hall where she is one of the Resident Assistants. 
Kelsie is from Klamath Falls, Oregon. She is a sophomore pursuing a Political Science and Spanish Double Major at the University of Portland. She has five brothers and two sisters. Her hobbies include hiking, watching movies, and telling bad jokes.