element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

DIY Holiday Gifts That Won’t Break the Bank

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

Thanksgiving is barely over, but already it’s time to start thinking about gifts for the holiday season. Now, I can hear you saying, “but I’m a broke college student! I don’t have money for gifts.” Well fear not, because not only are these gifts wallet-friendly, but they’re homemade, which gives them extra care-points.

HOMEMADE BATH BOMBSPerfect for the Lushies in your life, these homemade bath bombs consist mostly of ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen. Find the ingredients here.

SHARPIE MUG

All you need is a plain mug, a Sharpie, and access to an oven to create these adorable, customizable mugs! For a full tutorial, check out this website (And yeah, it’s in German, but it’s pretty self-explanatory).

BRAIDED HEX NUT BRACELET

With a trip to the hardware store and less than an hour of effort, you’ll have a trendy bracelet that looks far more complicate than it is. Tutorial here.

HOT CHOCOLATE IN A JARIf you’re really slammed for time and/or resources, hot chocolate mix in a mason jar is a perennial, classy favorite. Learn how to put it together, plus find other awesome mason jar gift ideas, on Love Grows Wild.

VINTAGE TEACUP CANDLEThis tutorial makes it a little complicated, but all you really need is a candle kit (which can be found at any major craft store) and a teacup, which you can probably find in the back of your parents’ china cabinet or at thrift stores! Tutorial here.