5 DIY Facial Masks to Treat Yourself Over the Holidays

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

Winter break is fast approaching, meaning an increasing necessity to restore my skin after the stress of finals! Some of us however, like myself, don’t have the fat wallet or the will to purchase expensive beauty products, so here are a few DIY face-masks to help keep your skin glowing.

2 Tbsp honey

1 tsp ground cinnamon

1 tsp ground nutmeg

This blend is great for reducing redness and swelling of the skin. Honey and cinnamon are also antibacterials, so they’re great for for treating acne, as well as providing nourishment.

1 Tbsp of melted coconut oil

2 Tbsp of brown sugar

Personally, this is one of my favorite DIY facemasks. It’s so simple, and very moisturizing for the skin. Brown sugar is also a better scrub than white sugar since it is less coarse, meaning less friction and damage to the skin while exfoliating (as long as you’re careful). Be sure to cleanse your face afterwards!

1 small bowl of oatmeal

2 Tbsp honey

This may sound funny, but oatmeal is great for your skin! It’s been used for thousands of years to moisturize and restore dry/damaged skin, and is included in a variety of moisturizing beauty products today. Along with the honey, the moisture from the oatmeal will combat against dryness and inflammation in your skin, leaving a soft, healthy glow.

1/4th cup of cooked oatmeal

2-3 Tbsp greek yogurt

1 Tbsp honey

Yay for honey and oatmeal, once again, leaving your skin clean, nourished, and glowing! Also, the yogurt in this blend will help clear out dead skin cells, manage oil production, and tighten your pores. It is also rich in riboflavin, helping to keep your skin hydrated and even aids in cell production. Did I mention it has antibacterial and antifungal properties?

2 Tbsp ground oatmeal

1 Tbsp honey

1 tsp lemon juice

Once again, oatmeal and honey are here to save the day, along with a new ingredient, lemon juice! Lemon juice is also antibacterial, helping to combat acne and blackheads. Lemon also contains vitamin C and citric acid, promoting antioxidants and collagen production in the skin, as well as brightening up your skin to reduce dark marks.

Here’s to happy & healthy skin, babes!

Lover of all things art, dog, and coffee related♡