This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

Confession time: shopping for school supplies is one of the last highlights of summer. Who can resist stocking up on sticky notes, cute folders and binders? Before you make your list and head to the store, check out five must-haves for your desk.

1. Planner | A planner keeps you organized, helping you managing deadlines, meetings and (most importantly) events!  Erin Condren life planners are an absolute lifesaver. Consider this planner your ultimate sidekick for the school year. 

2. Lip Balm | Don’t let chapped lips interrupt study time! I give this lip balm an A+ for effectiveness (hello, Vitamin E!). Keep one (or three) in your desk to keep lips in perfect condition.  

3. Stationary | There will always be a time when you need to jot down an important note. Whether you need a last-minute thank you card after an interview or a note to a friend, stand out with this stationary.  How adorable is that bow?

4. Pens | Back-to-school means back to writing notes, papers and more.  Make taking notes during lectures fun with these pens from Target.  Use the different colors to color code your notes, or use a different shade for each class!

5. Wireless Speaker | Make study time fun with wireless speakers!  Jam out to a study playlist while you type a paper, do your math homework or read your textbook for class.  Then, take a mandatory dance party break with your roomies!

Happy shopping, collegiettes ™! 

Hanna attends the University of Portland and is studying Marketing with a minor in Communication Studies. Getting lost, adventuring in the Pearl on a cloudy afternoon and eventually ending up in a local coffee shop are some of Hanna’s greatest pleasures in life. Hanna hopes to pursue a career in public relations upon graduation and plans to adopt the “City of Roses” as her new home. She is an avid writer and loves spending time with her favorite American authors, Ernest Hemingway and Kurt Vonnegut, with a good cup of coffee and a cozy blanket. Hanna is the Campus Correspondent and Editor-In-Chief for Her Campus Portland.