4 Places to Visit in Portland During the Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

Are you back in Portland after the break? You don’t need to travel somewhere new for exciting experiences this winter because there are many great things happening here!

1. Go see a movie

It’s really rainy and cold outside, so it’s the perfect time to catch up on all the new movies that you’ve told yourself you were going to see but haven’t yet. And just in time for award season!

Related Article: 5 Movies to See This Weekend

2. Ice Skating at Lloyd Center

Did you know there is a huge ice rink conveniently located in the Lloyd Center Mall? You can buy lessons, rent some skates and do your own thing, or just watch the other people skating if its not really your thing. Watching people fall is fun too, right? 

3. The Grotto

The Festival of Lights at the Grotto might be over now that January is here, but it is still such a beautiful place to visit. Take a stroll around the gardens and look out over all of Portland. It is a peaceful, spiritual experience. You might be able to hear a choir concert in the church, too!

4. Pittock Mansion

Pittock Mansion’s a cool place to visit year round. Never been there before? There’s no time like the present! It is rich with history, is a perfect photo op, and you can learn more about Portland in the process.