alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

4 Everyday Things That Make Your Day Better

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

As we approach the end of the semester I’m sure we’re all feeling a little stressed. Professors have given us a million assignments on top of finals we need to study for. It’s getting colder outside making all of us want to burrow under the covers instead of getting ready for class in the morning. And the peppermint mochas and Christmas decor at Target has really put me in the holiday spirit, so winter break can’t come fast enough. Although this time might be stressful, we all have things to be thankful for. These are 4 things we all encounter on our way to class that hopefully brighten up your day.

1. Squirrels

These little guys are everywhere, and they never fail to make my day better. Whether I see two crazy squirrels fighting over an acorn or one just hanging out around campus they always put a smile on my face. Everyone should love squirrels because they’re so cute and fluffy.

2. Friends

Somedays we’re rushing from one class to the next, but it’s always nice to see a friendly face. Just having a quick chat with someone about how stressed we both are or having someone give me encouraging words helps me get through the day.

3. That morning, afternoon, or any time of the day coffee

Ever since coming to college, I need that morning cup of joe to get me through the day. Or coffee anytime really, makes me happier. So feel free to treat yourself to your favorite cup of coffee. And forget those people that make fun of your basic white girl order when you get a tall, half-caff, no-foam, pumpkin spice latte with soy milk.

4. Nature

This is my first time living in Portland and I see that people weren’t kidding when they talked about the infamous rainy weather that Portland has. But, I also love how green UP is and embracing it makes me love UP more.