3 Book Recommendations for the Month of February

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

This Valentine’s Day, if you don’t have a significant other or a group or friends to spend time with (relatable!), consider curling up with some chocolate, a warm beverage and a good book!

1. Geekerella by Ashley Poston

A cute, modern-day Cinderella retelling with a huge emphasis on fandoms and nerd culture, Geekerella is perfect for anyone looking for a quick, fun, and adorable romantic read. A small town girl, the latest teen heartthrob, a sci-fi convention, and a vegan food truck – what more do you need?

2The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh

The Wrath and the Dawn is a super romantic twist on the classic tale, A Thousand and One Nights. Get whisked away to a far-off kingdom and a prince with dark secrets, his bride who’s determined to get vengeance for the death of her best friend, and a steamy romance that’ll make you swoon.

3. The Selection by Kiera Cass

Combine the concept of the Bachelor with the futuristic United States, governed by a royal family with an eligible, handsome son and you get The Selection! While most girls would do anything to become one of the Selected and live in the palace and court Prince Maxon, America Singer has her mind and heart made up. Or does she? Seriously though, if you’re a fan of the Bachelor, give this book a try!

Happy reading!

Jennifer is studying Environmental Science and English at the University of Portland. She loves to read, write, take photos, and watch animated movies in her free time.