Style > Beauty

So This is Love: Colourpop and Disney’s Makeup Collaboration is the Fairest of Them All

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

Midnight is approaching as the world’s newest fairy godmother, Colourpop, brings a makeup line that will have anyone looking like royalty.

Colourpop and Disney have teamed up to create a  limited-edition Disney Designer Collection that is due to drop September 28. The line is inspired by Disney’s Premier Series Dolls, which features Snow White, Cinderella, Ariel, Belle, Jasmine and Tiana. The products are perfect for making anyone’s princess fantasies come to life, adding a red carpet flair to the classic princess look. The Disney Designer Collection Premiere Series includes everything from fashion and decor to the Premier Series Dolls that influenced the Colourpop line.

This 18-product collection includes six matte lipsticks, six single, shiny eyeshadows, three lip glosses, two highlighter, and the big ticket item: a 15-color eyeshadow palette.

The prices are just as magical as the product. The most expensive item is the eyeshadow palette at just $20 and singular products range from $5 to $8 each.

The cosmetics can be purchased individually or in a stunning gift box featuring sketches of the princesses the line emulates.

With product names that are clever enough to make any Disney junkie dance all night and colors that stun makeup gurus, the Designer Collection is sure to make it past midnight.

The products include “It’s a Princess Thing” pressed Powder Eyeshadow Pallet, six creme luxe lipsticks called “Tiana”, “Jasmine”, “Snow White”, “Belle”, “Cinderella”, and “Ariel”; five super shock eyeshadows called “Heigh-Ho”, “Almost There”, “Be Our Guest”, “A Whole New World”, and “So This Is Love”; three ultra glossy lips named “Bibbidi”, “Bobbidi”, and “Boo”; and two super shock highlighters called “Part of Your World” and “A Smile and a Song”.

Madison Kelkis is a sophmore public relations and advertising major at Point Park University.
Mya Burns

Point Park '21

Junior Multimedia student at Point Park University. I love writing, reading, and photography, and I hope to one day work for a fashion magazine like Elle UK or Cosmopolitan. I am bisexual and very proud of it; I'm also active in the community and am very interested in being as informed as I possibly can be about social issues and reform.