DIY Valentine Nutella Krispie Treats

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

These adorable Nutella krispie treats are a guaranteed way to make your sweetie smile. They can easily be made in a dorm kitchen and keep for weeks in an airtight container. Pass them out to your classmates or dorm neighbors, and you might end up with more Valentines than expected!

You will need:

• Three tablespoons of butter
  • 6 cups of crisped rice cereal
  • One 10oz bag of mini marshmallows
  • Large saucepan
  • Heart cookie cutter
  • Nutella
  • Pink chocolate candy melts or white chocolate with red food coloring
  • Heart sprinkles
  • Cooking spray
  • Wax paper
  • 18”x13” cookie sheet

1. Melt butter in a large saucepan

2. Add marshmallows and stir on low heat until marshmallows are melted

3. Add cereal and stir until mixed evenly

4. Put cooking spray onto the cookie sheet

5. Transfer the cereal and marshmallow mix onto the cookie sheet. Spread and flatten the mix into the pan by hand. Use a piece of wax paper to cover your hands so they do not get sticky

6. Cut out a large piece of wax paper and lay it on the counter

7. Cut out heart shapes in the cereal mix with the cookie cutter. Place each heart on the wax paper

8. Spread a generous amount of Nutella in the center of a heart, avoiding the edges

9. Place another heart on top, and pinch the outside edges together

10. Melt your chocolate in a bowl according to the directions on the packet

11. Dip a filled heart into the chocolate and place it back on the wax paper

12. Put heart sprinkles on top while the chocolate is still melted

13. Let the hearts cool for about 20-30 minutes. You’re done! Enjoy your sweet treats. Reminder: you don’t have to share if you don’t want to!

Point Park University Junior Acting major with minors in Frappuccinology and Complaining About Boys. The girl on campus with the sequin beanie and the giant shiny headphones (yep, that girl). I usually wear mostly pink and the gym and have nearly 300 bottles of nail polish. Now that I've given you more than enough reasons to hate me, take a looksie at my DIY articles. Maybe you'll change your mind. Comments and suggestions more than welcome!