This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Plattsburgh chapter.

The time of bliss is near where the sun shines, the smell of fresh air permeates, and the days of not having a care in the world are in full effect. Well, that is until the next term comes around. 

Summer as a college student doesn’t always look the same, and as you progress to a higher level, it may seem as if you don’t have time for that vacation after all. 

There are summer jobs, internships, summer classes and other distractions that get in the way as you need to start preparing for adult life. It doesn’t help when there is barely a break during the spring semester except the pitiful week that is spring break. College students are going from a wonderful winter break to school with a small pit stop for spring break that also is partially midterms week, depending on who your professor is, then zooming past straight to finals week. 

So, while there are just a few more weeks before finals week and having to decide what’s next, let’s take some time out to appreciate the best ways to bask in the spring and summer weather. 

My most beloved activity to do is sit outside and feel the beautiful weather surrounding me. Sometimes I go with friends and have a little picnic, other times I’ll just sit out by myself and do work or just relax. Finding the perfect spot is key, there needs to be beautiful scenery that captivates you into feeling as if you are already on a mini vacation. Try finding a park, lake, beach or somewhere that’s not heavily populated. 

Another lovely way I’ve found to take in the spring or summertime weather is to take a late night drive and listen to music. Driving, for me, allows me  to feel free from being stagnant in life as I  can travel wherever you feel like. Now, if you don’t have the means to drive, then biking or walking will do the trick. Those two are just as great and provide you with a form of daily exercise. You can walk around campus, walk to the store, park or wherever else you can enjoy the warm weather. The main thing that keeps me going through my drives, walks or bike rides is music, so what I recommend is trying the album challenge. As you are going on your short journey, try to take enough time as a whole album that you’ve never listened to before. By the end of the trip, you could rank the songs or maybe find a new song to add to your playlist.

This carefree feeling,  out of the university mindset, isn’t too hard to achieve and doesn’t require much time or effort. However, it does give you some relief and in only about 30 or so minutes. 

Take a couple pictures or videos to document the experience too! You’ll probably be able to see the change in your mood and body from start to finish.

Dnaysha Griggs

Plattsburgh '24

A third- year student attending Suny Plattsburgh, majoring in English Language Arts and minoring in Theatre. I am a creative soul that truly appreciate drawing and digital art. Some hobbies of mine are, trying new things, drawing, watching animation, and writing.