What Thanksgiving Food Should You Make Based On Your Major?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

I love seeing my family and everything, but the real reason I love Thanksgiving so much is the FOOD. I have actually had dreams about piling the mashed potatoes on top of the turkey on top of the cranberry sauce, with gravy drizzled on top. It’s going to be amazing. So, I decided to pair my favorite Thanksgiving foods with some of the most popular college majors.

Biology – Gravy

Let’s be real – gravy is a biological wonder; the bio majors would figure out the most scientific way to make the gravy the right consistency. After all, it’s not that different from a science experiment.

Engineering – Turkey

The real star of the show goes to the engineers because they would use calculations to figure out the proper cooking time and temperature, and how to cut into the turkey to use the most meat. Plus, if there are any problems with the basting, the engineers would be on it.

English Language and Literature – Pumpkin pie

There’s just something about the smooth, creamy simplicity of pumpkin pie that writing majors wouldn’t be able to resist coming up with literature on the spot. This is the person in the kitchen that does eventually make their food, but first spends 30 minutes praising their food. 

Nursing – Mashed potatoes

If you know any nursing majors, you know that there is a lot of pent up rage from dealing with patients and their family members. They can let out all of this anger on the mashed potatoes until they’re creamy and delicious.

History – Cranberry sauce

Ever since the first Thanksgiving, when there were fruits and berries present, cranberry sauce is one of the oldest parts of Thanksgiving. And of course, all of the history majors would make sure that everyone at the table knows this. 

Education – Apple pie

This is the most interactive and kid friendly food in the kitchen. From cutting and peeling the apples, to rolling the dough, to assembling the pie, education majors would be all over it. This person keeps the kids occupied while everyone else attempts to make Thanksgiving happen.

Psychology – Stuffing

Just like there is a lot of variety with psych majors, there are hundreds of types of stuffing. Plus, you really can’t go wrong with any type of stuffing so the psych majors can take any route they want to go. 

Business – Dinner rolls

The real cop out of Thanksgiving dinner for the people who don’t feel like cooking. However, business majors are able to sell the fact that they bought dinner rolls instead of making anything so no one notices their laziness.

No matter what you make for food, remember to wear the appropriate clothes like Joey says.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Photo Credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt