This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

I have most of my classes in the middle of the day, meaning I have to skip lunch sometimes (tears). Thanks to this hand of fate, I am all about breakfast sandwiches, as they push you through the day. After a few tries, I think that I have mastered the perfect breakfast sandwich. Feel free to try it:

Ingredients

• 1 Ciabatta roll (or bagel)
  • 1 slice of cheddar cheese melted in the microwave
  • 1 sliced avocado
  • 2 sunny side-up eggs (for runniness)
  • Choice of ham or bacon
  • Siracha Chilli Sauce

I usually start off by cutting an avocado in half, and slicing only one half of the avocado. This is the most time consuming part, so make sure to do this first!

Next, I put one slice of cheese on my Ciabatta roll, along with the ham or cooked bacon.  After I put everything on the Ciabatta roll, I put the roll into the microwave for 25-30 seconds to make sure the cheese semi- melts into the roll.

While everything is microwaving, I crack the eggs and cook them in butter. I make sure to keep them sunny side up, because I love the runniness when I am eating the sandwich.

Once the bread is out of the microwave, I add the avocado and then add the eggs when they are done. Adding Siracha Chilli Sauce can also add to the flavor! And voila, you have a delicious breakfast sandwich!

Image credit: author’s own, 2

Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt