This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Everyone has bad days; it’s inevitable. But instead of moping around and isolating yourself, there are many ways to keep your head up and stay optimistic. With the visual help from Parks and Recreation, here are some tips on staying positive every day.

1.  Journal your day and your thoughts.

Although you may not think it will be helpful, it is very therapeutic. Pen and paper will always be there for you, and you can write as much as you want. Also, it allows you to reflect on how your day went and it helps you realize what you need to change in your life in order to be happier.

2. Write and update a list of things that make you are thankful for/what makes you happy.

It’s important to remind yourself of what you have. It’s easy to complain about how you don’t have enough money to buy that cute sweater from Topshop, but it’s important to have reality checks and realize all that you have.

3. If possible, work on removing the toxic people, things, and situations from your life.

You deserve to live in an optimistic and encouraging environment! When toxic aspects of your life start to dissipate, you will feel relieved. Trust me- I’ve had to remove negative people from my life in the past few years, and I’ve never been happier.

4. If you ever feel lonely, remind yourself that there are a handful of people who love you.

You may not realize it, but there are people in your life that really care about your mental and physical health!

5. Don’t compare yourself to others.

Remind yourself that everyone has at least one issue they’re struggling with, and some people hid it better than others. No one has the “perfect life” or is normal.

Do you have any other tips to stay positive? Leave them in the comments below!

Photo Credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

“i stand on the sacrifices of a million women before me thinking what can i do to make this mountain taller so the women after me can see farther" - legacy by rupi kaur
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt