This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Are small boobs a blessing or a curse? Maybe a little bit of both. Women come in all shapes and sizes, and so do their boobs. Even though there’s some downsides to being a little less endowed, there’s plenty of reasons to embrace it, too! Here are some pros and cons of having small boobs.

Pros: 

1. You can get away without wearing a bra.

You want to wear that gorgeous backless dress but don’t want to deal with the hassle of sticky boobs? No problem! Just get a few pieces of tape and you’re good to go.

2. You don’t need to worry about anything low-cut.

Since you don’t have too much cleavage to show off in the first place, you don’t need to worry about anything popping out when you’re not paying attention.

3. Less sagging when you get older.

Eventually, gravity is going take its toll and everything is going to seem a little looser than it was the year before. But, if you have small boobs, don’t worry! You’ll be less likely to have super saggy breasts, as there’s not much to sag downward.

4. No back pain.

Women with big boobs can suffer from serious back pain, which only gets worse with time. Small boobs, however, are a lot less painful and won’t weigh you down (literally).

5. It makes breast cancer easier to detect.

Because your boobs are smaller, there’s less layers to feel through, which makes it much easier to find any suspicious lumps that might be of concern.

Cons: 

1. Shirts never seem to fit right.

Shirts can be super loose up top, and whenever you bend down you have to hold it in place or risk flashing everyone around you.

2. You need to get dresses tailored.

In most cases, if a dress fits perfectly on the bottom, there’s going to be something wrong with the top. It’s an easy fix, but it’s nearly impossible to wear right off the hanger. This makes last-minute shopping an absolute nightmare.

3. Every bra you own is padded.

Push-up bras are your best friend. I mean, you want to show that you have something going on up there, and padded bras are definitely the most effective way to get some cleavage.

4. Sports bras make your boobs disappear.

As natural flatteners, it’s no secret that sports bras make women look flat chested; they’re designed to keep everything tucked in nicely. With small boobs, however, you just look like a twelve-year-old boy.

5. They stay small with weight gain.

Every other part of your body seems to be getting bigger — your stomach, arms, butt, thighs — but, for some reason, your boobs haven’t grown a bit. On the flip side, when you lose weight, it seems like they start to shrink before anything else.

Photo Credits: 1, 2, 3

I'm a writer, I'm a daughter, I'm a cat-loving dog owner. I'm a junior at the University of Pittsburgh. I'm a Fiction Writing major, Legal Studies minor. I am close to an American Sign Language Cerificate.
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt