Wellness

My Self Care/De-Stress Routine for Those Days When I Have to Run Down Cardiac Hill to Get to Class on Time

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

By: Adaugo Nwankpa

Stressful week? We’ve all been there. College is not easy but what gets me through missing the 10A and having to run down cardiac hill multiple times is my Self Care Sunday routine. Her Campus Pitt has teamed up with Garnier, a super green beauty company so that I can share my beauty routine.

After a day of walking around campus or the city, studying or socializing, the first thing I want to do is to wipe off all my makeup and any urban pollution from my skin. Garnier’s SkinActive Micellar Foaming Gel Cleanser is the perfect product for this. A good alternative is their Micellar Cleansing Water for Waterproof Makeup. They both remove my makeup gently enough for my skin which is a little on the sensitive side.

(Photo via Garnier Gel Cleanser)

Then I hop in the shower and wash my hair. I exclusively use the Garnier Whole Blends shampoo and conditioners. The shampoos clean my hair without drying it out and the conditioners make it easy to detangle my hair. They all smell amazing. My favorite line would be the Moroccan Aegean and Camilla Oils extract one. They are the best shampoo and conditioner I’ve ever used.

After, I like to use the Garnier Whole Blends Repairing Leave-In conditioner mixed with whatever hair oil I’ve decided to use (I have so many). The directions say to apply a quarter-sized amount but I use way more than that because it’s amazing and affordable. It makes my hair feel soft and smell like an island vacation.

(Photo via Garnier Whole Blends)

Lastly, I’ll cleanse my face again with African black soap, moisturize with shea butter, throw on a face mask and watch Netflix. It’s easy to have a chill night with affordable, green products from Garnier! Just make sure to recycle the packaging when you finish their products—because you most definitely will!

Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt