Money 30 micheile henderson lZ 4nPFKcV8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Money 30 micheile henderson lZ 4nPFKcV8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Be a Deceptive Shopper

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

One of the most frustrating things in a female’s life is looking through a magazine or watching TV and seeing dozens of women in perfectly splendid clothing. The most common reaction is “This sucks. I would be fabulous every day if I wasnt ballinon a budget.” To them it is effortless, but there is a way for us broke college girls to fake it this fall.

Plaid seems to have come back with a vengeance—in a good way. If you’re going for a somewhat preppy look this fall, try a plaid skirt or collared dress. Add boots if you don’t want the outfit to look like Catholic School all over again. Forever 21 has an assortment of plaid miniskirts under $20. The one shown here can be bought for $15.80.

Pittsburgh gets cold pretty quickly. Unfortunately for college students, Barbour is a very timeless, in-style jacket brand—these jackets can cost well over $100. However, H&M has some pretty similar jackets for less than half of that amount!

In addition to being a successful model and having bubbly charisma, Cara Delevingne is renowned for her extensive hat collection. Beanie season is well on its way, and although we probably can’t afford this amusing Burberry hat, PacSun has some great alternatives for under $20.

Image credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt