Everything You Need to Know About Your Brows This Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Everyone has them. From celebs on the red carpet to the barista at your local Starbucks, eyebrows are a vital part of your appearance. Eyebrows, like snowflakes, come in all different shapes and sizes, and no two eyebrows are the same. There are many do’s and dont’s for taking care of them and maintaining them, which are highlighted below (pun intended). 

Test out different hair removal methods. 

There’s waxing, threading, even laser hair removal. Some hair removal methods work better than others, so make sure you test out which one works best for you and your brows. Threading is a good option if you want defined, sculpted brows.

Don’t over-tweeze.

As perfect as you want your eyebrows to be, tweezing too much has the opposite effect. There is truth in the saying that “less is more.” Only tweeze when needed, mostly between threading/waxing, etc. appointments. Try to tweeze one hair at a time, and never tweeze a group of hairs at once! This can lead to uneven eyebrows and could effect your natural shape. Finding the right tweezer is also important. Tweezerman is the tweezer we trust because of its precision and angled design, which allows for more control when tweezing. 

Find a shape, and stick with it. 

We are all for waxing, especially places such as European Wax Center that focus on natural, strip-free waxing. This is safer for the skin and prevents skin removal, which is common with traditional waxing. Make sure that your technician knows how you want your eyebrows shaped, and try to stick with this shape. Also repeatedly going to the same technician is beneficial because they will be familiar with how you like your eyebrows waxed. 

Pick products that you are comfortable with.

From gels to pencils and even powders, it can take hours to decide which product will work best. Going to your local Sephora or beauty counter is beneficial, especially because there will be experts to answer your questions and help you pick the product that’s best for you. A product that works really well is the Essence Eyebrow Pencil; it’s a pencil and brush all in one, so you can fill and define your eyebrows efficiently and with just one tool!

Photo Credits: 1, 2

Hi! I'm Jessie and I am currently dual majoring in communication and non-fiction writing at The University of Pittsburgh. I am also the Senior Editor for Pitt's Her Campus! I emulate everything Carrie Bradshaw and can watch Breakfast At Tiffany's everyday for the rest of my life. You can usually find me blasting country music a little too loud while wearing a floppy hat.