The Dorm-Et Chef: No-bake Cookie Dough Dip

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Is it just me or when a cookie recipe says it yields 2 dozen cookies, I only end up with a little over a dozen? I was incredibly confused about this little discrepancy…but then I realized I munch on the raw cookie dough every step through the recipe. Can you blame me? The buttery, brown sugary combination with chunks of chocolate throughout is hard to resist. Not to mention, the texture is a great balance between being a messy goop of stuff and a creamy yet chunky mixture of sweet deliciousness.

However, there’s a big debate about how eating raw cookie dough is dangerous to your health (if someone ever tells you this just remember you don’t need this type of negativity in your life). Although the risks are minimal, there are many people who fear about snacking on cookie dough because of it. This recipe will solve this problem in a heartbeat; there are no eggs or raw ingredients included! Plus, the only tools you need are a bowl and a spoon – no heat required! The Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip can be played up by putting it in a decorative bowl for when friends are over; or you can just grab a box of graham crackers and enjoy your sweet dinner for one.

Cookie Dough Dip

1 8-ounce package softened cream cheese – let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before using

1 stick softened butter

1 cup powdered sugar

½ cup packed brown sugar

1 1/2 tsp. vanilla

1 cup chocolate chips

graham crackers, apples, Vanilla wafers, etc. (for dipping)

Directions:

1. Mix the cream cheese and butter with a spoon in a bowl until they are fully incorporated – so you can’t see the difference between the butter and cream cheese.

2. Add the powdered and brown sugars and continue mixing until the sugar is dissolved.

3. Stir in the vanilla and chocolate chips – and you’re done!

Image credit: 1

Elaine is a food loving, FRIENDS watching, Oxford comma enthusiast who has a passion for writing. She is a Business Information Systems and Human Resources Management double major and shares a love for people, languages, and technology. When she isn't experimenting in the kitchen or posting on @AndAChocolateDrizzle, she is either reading, laughing, or venturing through the city on the hunt for the best slice of pizza. 
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt