Don’t Feel Bad About Not Exercising, South O

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

To Class:

In the bright Oakland morning, South O students collectively crawl out of their 200 square-foot apartments to tackle the day. Depending on where you live in South O, your apartment is probably about 0.3 to 0.5 miles away from your classes. That’s a good start to your exercise routine, Panthers!

Between Classes:

No matter what your next destination is, most likely you are booking it out of your class at X:50. I despise having classes 10 minutes apart, but, like many Pitt students, scheduling this semester left me with no choice. When you’re under threat of the professor glaring at you for coming in late, you walk pretty fast. In reality, you want to tell that professor off, but burn calories, not bridges.

Cathy’s Stairs:

Let’s be real…you are NOT waiting in line for the elevator these days. If you have class on upper floors of the Cathedral, chances are you’re werkin’ it to get to class. And don’t forget about taking the broken escalators in Posvar Hall. Stairs>squats.

The Weekend (not the band):

Regardless of where you live, all Pitt students are familiar with going to a promising party in South O and ending up somewhere completely different. Where did you walk? How many miles? You’re not sure the next day, but your legs tell you it was a lot.

My South O Total: 10 miles biking, 32 flights of stairs, and 100 minutes of brisk walking between classes in five days. What’s your total?

Photo Credits: 1, 2, 3, 4

Junior Economics and Chinese major at Pitt! I am Fundraising chair for our fantastic Pink Level Chapter that was voted "Most Philanthropic" last year. Since I love volunteering and organizing people to help our Pittsburgh community, getting HC members into fun, innovative ways to build this community is my job. We also have fundraisers for both ourselves and our charity partner She's the First. To find out more about their amazing work check out https://www.shesthefirst.org/Look out for our HC Night Out tickets this October! Inquiries: jmc248@pitt.edu
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt