The Lalasipping Coffee In Bed
The Lalasipping Coffee In Bed
Her Campus Media
Wellness

7 Ways to Transform Yourself into a Morning Person

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

The phrase “morning person” may conjure up images of your noisy neighbor vacuuming at 6 AM, or maybe that one person in your morning lecture who somehow always looks perfect even when it’s still dark out. If you, like me, have trouble getting up in the morning, then it’s safe to say morning people are the worst people. However, with these simple tips, you can join the ranks of people who I don’t want to be around before 10:00.

Leave a bottle of water next to your bed

One of the main things that makes you feel groggy in the morning is dehydration. Sometimes you think you need another 10 minutes of sleep, when really you just need a little water. Drinking water first thing in the morning gives your body the little jolt of energy it needs to get you out of bed.

Put your alarm on the other side of the room

It’s so much easier to hit snooze when you’re lying in bed than when you’re standing up. Getting your blood pumping, even just by standing and walking a few feet, helps you feel awake in order to avoid hitting snooze.

Lay out your clothes the night before

Having your outfit picked out gives you one thing to check off your to-do list before you even get out of bed. If it’s an especially cute outfit, put it where you can see it for a little incentive to get up and start your day!

Leave your blinds open

There’s a reason that it’s hard to fall asleep in a bright room: light signals to your brain that you should be awake. Leaving your blinds shut makes it easier to go back to sleep, but leaving them open allows the sunlight to act as a natural alarm clock.

Make your bed

Making your bed as soon as you get up helps fight the urge to climb back in. Plus, achieving this one small task in the morning sets the tone for a successful day!

Get some exercise

A huge part of becoming a morning person is establishing a good sleep schedule. Working out makes you tired, so you get better sleep. Then when morning comes, you feel refreshed and ready for the day. Also, you get all the added benefits of regular exercise. Win-win!

Go to bed earlier

This seems obvious, but it’s really the best way to improve your mornings. When you find yourself in bed scrolling through Instagram for an hour or watching your fourth episode of Friends, consider how this decision is going to affect you when it’s time to get up and go to class.

Elizabeth is a senior at Pitt majoring in English Writing and French. When she's not writing for hc, Elizabeth likes cooking, spending time with friends, and exploring Pittsburgh's cultural side.
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt