This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

So, we’re starting off a new semester and everything hurts. It’s cold, we’re broke from buying too many books, and we’d rather do ANYTHING other than give another fun fact about ourselves. But hey, it’s not all bad! Here are a few great things that happen at the beginning of the semester that make it just a bit sweeter.

Seeing Old Friends

You missed them over break and now you can all hang out again!

Meeting New Friends

Arguably just as fun, you meet new people in your classes and expand your friend group.

Away From Home

This can be bittersweet but after a few weeks of break, it can be very nice to get back to campus and all the excitement of the new semester.

New School Supplies

Nothing makes you feel more organized than some new supplies.

Having Good Teachers

The teacher can really make the class. So when you’ve got a good one, classes become so much better!

Not Behind Yet

When classes just started, you can’t be behind (yet).

A Fresh Start

The stresses of last semester have passed and you’re ready to start fresh! Here’s to having your best semester yet!

Image Credits: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Hi! I'm a senior at the University of Pittsburgh majoring in communication and nonfiction writing. This is my third year at Her Campus Pitt and my second year as the entertainment category editor! I'm also a chapter advisor this semester! I'm a pizza-loving cat mom with a chronic habit of napping from the Boston area. I enjoy spending time binge-watching netflix, snuggling, reading, writing, cooking, and hanging out with my friends. I'm looking forward to becoming increasingly involved with everything Her Campus over the remainder of the college career! Thanks for reading my articles and always feel free to contact me with feedback :)
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt