This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Whether you’re lucky enough to be headed to the beach or, like me, you’ll be catching up with your dog over spring break, it’s nice to have good music you can blast. You can listen to these turned up loud in your car, on your morning run, or in your room (no roommate, no headphones, yes!). Or not at all. You won’t offend me. But if you want them, here are my suggestions for music this spring break:

Pop

1. “Sugar” – Maroon 5

2. “Love Me Like You Do” – Ellie Goulding (yes, this song is from 50 Shades of Grey. No, you don’t have to like the movie to like the song.)

3. “Bang Bang” – Jessie J, Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj

4. “L.A. Love” – Fergie

5. “Ain’t It Fun” – Paramore

6. “Nothing Without Love” – Nate Ruess (Nate is the lead singer of the band Fun. This song is from his solo project.)

Rap/ R&B

1. “I Don’t F*** With You” – Big Sean (if you’re bored, watch the music video. Kanye West plays a high school football coach.)

2. “7/11” – Beyonce

3. “No Type” – Rae Sremmurd

4. “Energy” – Drake

5. “Work” – Iggy Azalea

Rock/ Alternative

1. “Centuries” – Fall Out Boy

2. “Shut Up and Dance” – Walk the Moon

3. “I Bet My Life” – Imagine Dragons

4. “Riptide” – Vance Joy

5. “Blue Moon” – Beck (Beck took home the Grammy for Album of the Year last month.)

6. “R U Mine?” – Arctic Monkeys

Country

1. “If You Ain’t Here to Party” – Luke Bryan (off of Luke’s Spring Break album, which is really entirely appropriate if you have time and the desire to check it out.)

2. “Downtown” – Lady Antebellum

3. “Day Drinking” – Little Big Town

4. “Friday Night” – Eric Paslay

5. “Payback” – Rascal Flatts

6. “Show You Off” – Dan + Shay

7. “Neon Light” – Blake Shelton

8. “Chicken Fried” – Zac Brown Band

*Yes, this list is longer. I’m partial to country music. Sorry, not sorry.

Workout

1. “Booty” – Jennifer Lopez, Iggy Azalea (definitely meant for squats)

2. “Uptown Funk” – Mark Ronson, Bruno Mars

3. “All the Way” – Timeflies

4. “Dark Horse” – Katy Perry

5. “Blank Space” – Taylor Swift

Image credit

Casey Schmauder is a Campus Correspondent and the President of Her Campus at the University of Pittsburgh. She is a senior at Pitt studying English Nonfiction Writing with a concentration in Public and Professional Writing. 
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt