Three Campus Resources You Should be Using

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pepperdine chapter.

Photos from Pepperdine University website. 

1. Let’s start with the obvious, the library. Sure, we do not have one currently available to us on Main Campus, but there are alternatives. Use them! For instance, Drescher Library has similar hours to those that Payson had. It is a little bit farther up on campus, but take a shuttle up and all will be well. Plus, the views of Malibu are incredible from the Drescher campus and you can also take study breaks by visiting Heroes Garden (my favorite spot on campus).

2. The Career Center! I do not understand why so many students go through their entire undergraduate years without visiting this office. It is extremely helpful to do so. Not only do the amazing staff members consistently put on events to inform students on post-graduate options or to connect them with employers, but they are always willing to help you get to where you want to be. The Career Center staff consists of kind, caring, and intelligent people who know what they are talking about and who will invest in you. All you have to do is make your way into the office in the TCC.

3. The Pepperdine Volunteer Center (PVC) is also an incredible resource. Many Pepperdine students are constantly looking for ways to give back, and the PVC can help you do that. The PVC staff members are dedicated and passionate individuals who strive for social justice every day; you even get to help each time you participate in Step Forward Day (yes, they are the ones who coordinate that event). They have various weekly service opportunities, which are categorized under four main focus areas: health and wellness, education and literacy, hunger and homelessness, and environmental justice. Check out the PVC calendar if you are looking for something different and meaningful to do with a friend, or if you are looking for a volunteer opportunity to pursue yourself. 

Paola Ramos

Pepperdine

I'm a Pepperdine University senior from Texas. I'm a Leo, a total dog lover, and an avid reader. Spanish is my first language, so I am bilingual and working on being trilingual (I just need to turn my conversational French into fluent French). I love to write; it's a way of life!