This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pepperdine chapter.

Fall term is always exciting for me because it’s a term when the season’s change; it gets a little colder, nightfall comes sooner, and I get to wear layers of autumnal clothing and boots. With this changing of the weather, I also begin to crave warmer foods and London Fog lattes! But one of my favorite parts of the colder weather is eating Ramen. I hope this list of the three best ramen places in West LA gets all of us to leave the isolation of Malibu and explore West LA and all it has to offer–starting with Ramen!

PS: I have listed them in order of my personal preference, but please try them all!  

1- Ramen Yamadaya

11172 Washington Blvd. Culver City, CA 90232

This is a chain of restaurants that are located all over Los Angeles, but the one I love most is based in Culver City and has some of the best spicy Ramen in town. If you are daring and want to add shrimp wontons to your ramen, you won’t be disappointed! I order the Tonkotsu Ramen Spicy Level 2 with a side of corn and shrimp ramen!

2- Shin-Sen-Gumi Ramen

1601 Sawtelle Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90025

Shin-Sen-Gumi is an excellent ramen spot that focuses on selling traditional Japanese food. Their ramen is one of the best if you don’t want to have spicy ramen. I love that you can pick the taste of the soup, the firmness of your noodles. This is a great spot close to the Asian markets off of Sawtelle. Anything you order from the appetizers to the ramen is thoughtfully made and amazing in taste.

3-Tatsu Ramen

2123 Sawtelle Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90025

Tatsu Ramen is a great modern take on ramen. Its ambiance is a small busy restaurant with an iPad that will take your orders. The staff quickly finds a table for you to sit at and brings your ramen and food out as soon as it’s made. I love sitting at the bar, as I can watch the cooks make my meal. This is a perfect place in New Japan (Little Japan) in the heart of Sawtelle Blvd. After ramen, you can walk the streets and pop into cute stores and markets.

Happy Eating!

SaveSave