This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pepperdine chapter.

1. Pepperdine University has a beautiful campus

Surrounded by rolling hills and an ocean view, you have to admit that some of us may have chosen to come here for reasons other than the academics. The Huffington Post even ranks us at #2 of the most beautiful college campuses. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/28/beautiful-college-campuses-2015…

2. Connections and Successful Alumni  

Pepperdine is known as a school of connections. Students are able to create connections with successful alumni in their desired fields. Pepperdine even allows its students to meet representatives of major corporations in hopes that a conversation or two may turn into a job prospect. These connective events such as Meet The Firms or the Career Fairs, are some of the many features that make Pepperdine worth the educational investment as many students are able to obtain jobs before graduation.

3. Involvement in Community

Community and service are greatly emphasized at Pepperdine. The university encourages its students to take part in the community through various clubs and organizations. No matter what your quirks or talents are, there is a place for each student to feel at home.  Students are also encouraged to give back to the community with opportunities such as Step Forward Day, Greek Life, and through various organizations aimed at bettering the community.

4. Professors are Actually Our Friends

With such small class sizes, it’s easy for students to get help and forge valuable relationships with their professors. As professors are also actively involved in the Pepperdine community outside of academics, it’s not unusual to see students and professors eating together in the Café. Professors even run house groups, club convocations, and invite entire classes for a home cooked meals at their house.  Students can in turn learn other material outside the classrooms that don’t necessarily have to do with the class subject. Just like that, every student has a potential friend and mentor.

5. We’re in Malibu… where the celebrities come to you.

(A picture of some of our favorite Disney stars on Alumni Park)

From famous alumni like Tia and Tamera, to visiting celebrities like Taylor Lautner (swoon), to the many television shows filmed on campus like Zoey 101, or music videos like the Disney Channel Stars MV for “Send It On”, everyday in the bu’ is an adventure. You never know what or who to expect. Just the other day, the Clippers basketball team was practicing at the Pepperdine gym…Yeah, we’re not complaining. 

SaveSave

My name is Queenie Navarro and I am an Accounting major in my 3rd year at Pepperdine University. On campus, I am involved with the Gamma Phi Beta Sorority and am currently interning for College Fashionista as a Style Guru. In my free time, I enjoy going on spontaneous adventures and am devoted to the belief that life is about taking chances and trying everything that the world has to offer. I've shopped 'til I've literally dropped, I used to be part of a punk rock band, I've tried everything from escargot to scorpions on a stick, and have been fortunate enough to travel in over 40 countries before I even turned twenty. Overall, I consider myself to be a very open-minded person and am inspired, daily, by the people around me. One day, I dream of working for the corporate offices of some fashion magazine while hopefully getting to travel the world.