This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

Name: Tyler Burt

Age: 20

Year: Junior

Major: Marketing – concentration in Advertising & Integrated Marketing Communications

Minor: “Art (if I can squeeze it in by the time I graduate!)”

What do you hope to see yourself doing with your major in Marketing in the next couple of years? Maybe 10 years? “In the next couple of years I hope to quickly move my way up and out of an entry level position. I’d love to work for a company that allows me to travel and pay for my grad degree while I work. Ten years from now, I’m hoping to have a company or agency of my own.”

Since you are a lover of photography, what is your camera preference (film, DSLR, Nikon, Cannon, can be all of them!) when exploring in order to get the perfect photograph? “I shoot with Nikon for both film & digital (Nikon D3100 for digital, Nikon F55D for film) — but I have been really itching to buy a Canon 6D for a while now! My favorite lens to shoot with is a 50mm.”

One place you are dying to travel with your camera? “Thailand! I really want to go to the Phi Phi Islands where the filmed The Beach. The Grand Canyon, Giza, Egypt, and Cape Town, South Africa are also on my list of places to travel.”

You have also been to fashion week numerous times, what is your favorite part about going to the fashion shows? “Fashion week never fails to make you feel like important! It’s fun to feel like a mini celebrity sometimes. Even if you’re sitting third row at an obscure designer’s show, you undoubtedly feel like Carrie Bradshaw or Serena van der Woodsen.”

One thing you would like to accomplish before you graduate Pace? “One thing I’ve wanted to do since I’ve come to Pace is speak at our commencement. That would be so cool!”

Can you explain your involvement in the Turn it Around project and why you chose to be apart of it? “My friend Abbe Dembowitz asked me to be part of the project because she knew of my past experience and passion for photography. I helped Abbe in the beginning of the project with the mission statement and general goal of the project — and have since assisted as the main photographer for the project. You can read more about how it started here: Turn It Around Project

As you are very involved on campus with being an R.A. for Fulton, Office of Housing and Residential Life, R.H.A Desk Attendant, you also have had amazing opportunities to complete internships with well known companies. Can you tell us your role in your current internship with the DARA Artisans? “I started as a Desk Attendant my first month at Pace, and still work at the desk occasionally to cover shifts. It was my intro into being involved at Pace and my involvement with housing. I was an active member of RHA my freshman year, and got elected to the executive board until I had to give my position up to be a Resident Assistant. I was a delegate for the 2014 NEACURH Minis Conference and won Top 10 Programming along with James Park.

I was a Resident Assistant for the New York Film Academy the Summer after my freshman year, which definitely helped me in my role as a freshman RA at 55 John Street the following Fall. Since then, I was a conference assistant in the Summer of 2015 and have continued my role as an RA in 106 Fulton this year. Pace University Advertising Club > I was on the board of directors this past semester as the creative director. I recently had to give up the role because of my work/school schedule but will still attend meetings and events if my schedule permits!

DARA Artisans > (not an internship!) I’m a freelance business development consultant for DARA Artisans currently, working on their user acquisition and marketing campaigns. I’m also assisting with their general art direction, graphic design work, and photography projects.”          

What advice would you give to someone who hasnt started or applied to an internship yet? What have you learned, either personally or professionally that someone could benefit from hearing? “Don’t get discouraged. It takes a while to find your first internship — and you might even hate it once you get it. In the beginning, it’s a lot of mornings waking up and telling yourself that it’s almost over — but it will be worth it once you can use that experience to find something new that you love.”

Two truths and a lie:

1) I’ve been to the same party as Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton

2) I’ve been an uncle since I was in 3rd grade.

3) I’ve never left the East coast.

Finally, what is the last song played on your Spotify or Apple Music playlist? “Fast Car – Jonas Blue”

Instagram accounts: “@tylerburt is my professional / photography account. @tlrbrt is my personal account. @turnitaroundproject is the account for the Turn it Around Project.”

Hey everyone! My name is Ariana Gavriilidis. I am from a small town in New Jersey and I now reside in New York City! I am earning a Bachelor of Arts from Pace University in Communications with a Concentration in Media, Communications, and Visual Arts. I also have a minor in Arts and Entertainment Management. In my spare time I enjoy photography, working out, and seeing as many movies as possible! I am excited to be apart of Her Campus as writing has always been my passion. Make sure to check out my articles as well as my radio show, Winging it with Ariana, where I have new episodes every Tuesday! https://www.mixcloud.com/WIWARIANA/
Her Campus Pace Contributor