Grid Paper?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Grid Paper?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Disney
Wellness

The Best Disney Themed Workouts that are Perfect for Your Dorm Room

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

Working out more has been one of my resolutions for 2022. Honestly, working out has been mentally challenging, and finding time between classes, friends, my relationship, Her Campus Pace, and so many other things has seemed impossible. That was until I stumbled across emkfit. Emily Thorne is a certified PT and fitness instructor who has simply changed the workout game. Her channel has 393k subscribers, and honesty deserves way more for changing people’s lives. Since finding Emily, I have been more motivated and actually having fun in my workouts! Normally, workouts are boring, have no music, and the instructor pushes your body to do things it just can’t do. On top of being a new workout connoisseur, I am also a huge Disney fan. Emily has combined my new and lifelong obsessions into one masterpiece of a workout.

As a college student, these workouts are incredibly dorm-friendly! Emily offers alternative to jumping and lower impacts for those who need it. If you’re looking into working out more, a Disney fan or wanna try something new, here are my favorite workouts I’ve done so far!

• Encanto

Encanto has taken the world by storm recently! With “We Don’t Talk About Bruno” hitting number one and
Surface Pressure” hitting the top ten on the Billboard Hot 100, and the soundtrack hitting number one on Billboard’s Album charts, there is no escaping Encanto. If you want to learn a little salsa and fun this is the work out for you. If you want to learn more about Encanto check out my article about it here!

• High School Musical

Get your head in the game wildcats! Ever wanted to live out your dream of being on the East High Wildcats basketball or dance team? This is the perfect workout for you.

• Guardians of the Galaxy

Don’t worry Marvel fans you won’t be left out! This workout inspired by the Guardians’ soundtrack will have you grooving and burning calories in the best way possible. Also you’ll be prepared to dance battle Star Lord.

• Disney HIIT Dance Workout

This workout is a compilation of a few Disney songs. This is one of my favorites because you are warming up to the “Fantasmic!” exit music, and you also get to break a sweat to “Prince Ali”… what more could you want?

• High School Musical 2

This workout is a two part video, and honestly I cannot decide which is better. The first one literally fills my brain with serotonin as I am jamming along to “What Time Is It?” and the second one gives EVERYONE what they wanted a workout to “I Don’t Dance”. Emily TRULY has made me a life long fan simply with these videos.

Whether you are just starting your fitness journey or a seasoned veteran Emily has something for everyone! Hope you all have fun breaking a sweat!

Follow Emily’s Socials!

Instagram: @emkfit

Twitch: emkfit

Twitter: @emkfit

Hi everyone! I'm Alysa and I am the former Campus Correspondent for HC Pace NYC. I majored in Communication Studies and minored in Sociology & Anthropology and Arts & Entertainment Management. Within my articles you can find everything I love to write including, pop culture, sports, politics, and my personal NYC experiences! Feel free to connect with me on my socials!