13 going on 30 closet?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
13 going on 30 closet?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Columbia Pictures / Revolution Studios
Style > Fashion

Talya Bendel & Esty Haas Debut Captivating Bridal Collection at CFDA’s New York  Fashion Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

Debuting on the grand staircase of the Woolworth Building in the Financial District on Oct.  11, Talya Bendel and Esty Haas presented their very first collaboration. 

The groundbreaking collaboration marked a milestone as a highlighted feature of the Council of  Fashion Designers of America’s (CFDA) NY Fashion Week bridal shows. 

Hailing from Williamsburg, Esty Haas, an acclaimed fashion artist focusing on creating exquisite traditional Hasidic bridal gowns,  learned about fashion and design at a young age. The Haas Bridal atelier has garnered a dedicated clientele within and beyond the Jewish community over the past 15 years. 

Teaming up with Talya Bendel, who brings years of experience in the fashion industry,  specializing in film and television, Bendel has been featured on The New York Times’ best-dressed list three times. Her portfolio includes various projects like web series, short films, music album trailers, commercials, and promotional content hailing from Netflix and Warner Brothers to Paramount and Roc Nation. 

The fascinating fashion show featured a captivating and diverse array, exhibiting modest pieces with elements of various decades throughout the collection. Among the standout ensembles were the enchanting bridal dresses, each bearing fairytale-inspired names that evoked a sense of whimsy and timeless elegance, such as Cinderella, Lattice Bodice, and Ballerina Babydoll. Each piece exemplified a regal and romantic yet independent look. 

The brides embodied the ethereal themes of the collection, encapsulating the essence of regality,  romance, and independence, creating an enchanting evening for attending guests. Their presence illuminated the show, enthralling the audience and leaving a lasting memory that goes beyond the event. 

Among the array of breathtaking ensembles that graced the night, several stole the spotlight,  including the glorious Cinderella gown, the delicately adorned Floral Reef ensemble, and the decorously majestic Pearl Princess dress; each a testament to the artistry and vision that defined the evening’s allure. 

Sponsors and partners featured in the event comprised Birch Events, responsible for production design, florals, décor, and O.J. Williams overseeing the casting. Additional contributors included David Weisz Fine Jewelry, Yocheved Gross, Cami Esses, and the Hair and Blush team for hair and makeup services. Notably, Nina Shoes and The Knockturnal provided invaluable show consulting. At the same time, TeddMED Inc. played a crucial role by offering  B12 and IV Drips.

Click here to see a gallery of beautiful photos from the  

evening. Appointments can be made to view the featured collection at the esteemed Haas Bridal Atelier at  1554 63rd Street, Brooklyn, NY. Stay connected and up to date by following the brand’s latest developments on their website and Instagram.

Lucy Niederman is currently studying Arts & Entertainment Management and Communication Studies at Pace University in New York City.