Spotlight on Broadway: “On Your Feet! The Story Of Emilio And Gloria Estefan”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

As college students living in the Big Apple, we have the world at our fingertips. Living in this big city opens us up to opportunities not offered at a traditional campus. You will never be bored living in NYC, when you have so much to do to create memories around you!

One of the most incredible perks of living in New York is the experience of live theatre. As a Broadway fan, I am always looking for the next big play or musical to attend. Over winter break, my family and I had the pleasure of attending the musical “On Your Feet! The Story of Emilio and Gloria Estefan” at the Marquis Theatre (located on 46th Street between Broadway & 8th Ave). The show revolves around Cuban-born musical icons, Gloria and Emilio Estefan, and how their music and their love blossomed as one.  The show includes Gloria Estefan’s original songs, such as “Conga” and “Get on Your Feet.” Ana Villafañe and Josh Segarra do an amazing job of retelling the story of the Estefans’ and how their fame and music came alive. This was one of the most lively and upbeat shows I have ever been to.

If you are looking for a show to get you up and “on your feet” this is the show for you! For tickets at a discounted price, check out the TKTS Booth! The closest one in this area is located at South Street Seaport (199 Water Street, on the corner of Front and John Street).

Don’t miss out on this amazing show!!

Follow their social media:

FaceBook: @onyourfeetthemusical

Instagram: @onyourfeetbway

Twitter: @onyourfeetbway

Hello! I am a Senior Communications Major with a minor in Arts and Entertainment Management. Some fun facts about me are that I have a twin sister, my favorite place to vacation is Puerto Rico, and I am obsessed with Justin Timberlake!
Her Campus Pace Contributor