Spotlight on Broadway: Matilda The Musical

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

Over the years, I have seen several Broadway shows. One of my favorites, still running on Broadway, is “Matilda the Musical”! Based off of Roald Dahl’s novel Matilda, it tells the story of a young girl named Matilda Wormwood who is underappreciated by her parents, bullied by headmistress Miss Trunchbull, and not noticed for her gifted ways. Her teacher, Miss Honey gives her a new lease on life.

If you love musicals and the book and or movie of Matilda, this show is for you! The talent the young actors and actresses possess in the show is absolutely incredible and needs to be seen! I wish I had half the talent these young prodigies have! The music is amazing, and I definitely recommend going to see this show, it is for people of all ages. The Shubert Theatre is located at 225 West 44th Street. Do not miss out on this amazing show filled with talent! 

Hello! I am a Senior Communications Major with a minor in Arts and Entertainment Management. Some fun facts about me are that I have a twin sister, my favorite place to vacation is Puerto Rico, and I am obsessed with Justin Timberlake!
Her Campus Pace Contributor