SNL’s Crucible Cast Party Sketch is TOO Relatable

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

There are two reasons why you might have chosen to read this article. One: you’re a committed SNL fan, or two: you experienced the latest Crucible Cast Party sketch, and you can’t unsee its reliability. One of the recent sketches that aired on SNL starring Lin Manuel Miranda blew up social media.  If you’ve ever been in a play or theatre production, and visited the cast party, this sketch is painfully relatable. For all of you, that haven’t experienced a cast party first hand, it’s fine just keep reading because it’s still hilarious.

1. “And we’re gonna rip it up all night until 11:45!”

Party hard, because Mom and Dad will most likely come at 11:40, so they can leave by 11:45.

2. “Around the room every boy wants me which will I choose?”

Ok, if you haven’t had a crush or been in a relationship with a boy that turns out to be gay, you haven’t been in theatre, and you haven’t been to a cast party.

3.“Damn this party’s off the chain, it’s a 10:00pm massage train.”

It’s a bonding activity. It’s also what you do when your mother is standing in the kitchen supervising your Lit high school cast party.

4.“All the parents come to see me, I was the Phantom in Phantom and I was Sweeney in Sweeney.”

We all know this person, and of course they’re the host of all the cast parties. I mean honestly are your parents really there to watch you be the third tree over to the left? They’re here for this kid.

5. “Come and get a show shirt out of this box. Your names are listed alphabetical, incredibly legible, and if you were on the crew, then you’re in a parenthetical.”

Remember those show shirts that end up as your pajamas? And @ all crew and techies maybe someday you will be released from a parenthetical.

6. “Its kinda weird that the teacher came.”

Always a bit cringe worthy, but so true.

7. Harmonizing

You win some and you loose most with group harmonizing. But it’s a perfect way to pass some time and end an eventful night.

So clearly SNL reached out to the majority of the theatre kid population, and hopefully educated some of you on the dynamics of a cast party. So maybe grab an old show shirt, and watch this digital sketch, because it’s clearly a good one.

Saturday Night Live Crucible Cast Party Sketch on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkjjtX83-Cc

Her Campus Pace Contributor