My inner monologue bounces somewhere between: Am I doing enough for my career? Am I doing enough for my classes? Am I doing enough for my other responsibilities clubs, volunteering, jobs? Am I doing enough in my relationships? AND Okay what was everything I was supposed to do today because I know that I am forgetting something. I know I should have studied more or spent more time on this assignment. I can’t believe I missed that, I should have known!
Maybe it is just me, but these thoughts seem to constantly run through my head. Sometimes I get really stressed because I just do not feel like I am doing enough. My head is filled with doubt about all the choices I am and am not making. Yet despite juggling a full course load, a part-time job, internship, and other responsibilities, I feel like I should be doing something more. No matter how much is on my plate, it does not feel like enough. But after some serious conversations with friends, I realized I really should give myself more credit. I also recognized I need to be nice to myself. Here are some things I realized in the process and will continue to meditate on:
- You are doing the best that you can. Do not forget to put your heart into whatever you do.
- Sometimes you need to take time to take care for yourself. Taking a break from everything every once in awhile is good for you. You shouldn’t feel guilty about it.
- Sometimes you need a little perspective. Grab a coffee, take a walk, or call someone you love. Then when you get back to work, you’ll look at it a little bit differently.
- You are a busy lady. Cut out anything toxic from your life, you’re better off without it.
- You work hard and you’re doing great things. Don’t discount your accomplishments.
- You’re juggling how much? Some people only do a fraction of what you do. You’re killing the game really.
- Be nice to yourself. Sure we all have days when we get down, but be kind. Treat yourself to something yummy or watching a few episodes of your favorite show, you deserve it.
- So you didn’t get something you were really looking forward to. Pick yourself up and move forward.
- Don’t listen to any negativity be it from yourself or others. You are fabulous and never forget.