This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

Taylor Swift is back with new music. On Friday April 26, Taylor released her newest single ME! featuring Brendon Urie from Panic! at the Disco. This catchy pop song marks the latest era of Taylor’s music career.

Taylor is not a stranger to success. Whenever she releases new music, everything has been an instant hit. In the first 24 hours, the ME! music video had 62.5 million views on YouTube. She is currently number 1 on iTunes and Spotify!

Since her beginning, Taylor has managed to always stay relevant and come up with great music. I’m not a huge “Swiftie,” but I’m never able to stop singing her songs, old and new. For each of her albums, Taylor entered a new era. Each era is special in its own way and we’ve seen Taylor grow through them. From country star to a pop phenomenon, IHeartRadio listed all of Taylor’s eras:

1. Taylor Swift – her introduction to the music world
  2. Fearless – America’s sweetheart
  3. Speak Now – a little of pop
  4. Red – intense emotions all around
  5. 1989 – it’s all about pop
  6. Reputation – biggest turn-point
  7. New Taylor

There’re not many clues about Taylor’s new era. But we can expect that she is leaving her “bad girl” image from Reputation behind. At the beginning of the ME! music video, the snake that was so popular in her previous era explodes into colorful butterflies. Does this mean she is going back to how she was before? I hope not.

Don’t get me wrong, I love Taylor’s old country songs but I also love her Reputation songs. I hope this new era shows a mature Taylor being happy with all aspects of her life. I hope she acknowledges the bad and the good to transform into something beautiful.

While we are waiting for some more answers and clues about Taylor Swift’s new album, BuzzFeed listed all the Easter Eggs in her newest music video. Starting with her secret promotions, like the angel mural in Nashville, to the meaning of her new video and era. BuzzFeed stated: “the entire video takes place inside what appears to be a giant chrysalis, emphasizing the theory that TS7 will represent a metamorphosis for Taylor”

I love the idea that after all the bad things she has been through, Taylor has a chance to re-invent herself. It seems like in this era, Taylor doesn’t care about the media as much anymore. It’s all about her and staying true to herself, as many of the Easter Eggs were linked to the past. They addressed rumors that have been going around while teasing possible new songs.

To be honest, I can’t wait to see what Taylor has in store for us. I am not her biggest fan, but I’m always interested in her. She is a super talented artist that can write and express her feelings perfectly. I can listen to Taylor Swift’s songs, no matter on what mood I’m in. Until her new album comes out, I’ll listen to her songs on repeat.

Her Campus Pace Contributor