This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

If you know me, you know that I have the biggest Zara obsession. 

It all started when I was a junior in high school, my mom and I went to New York City for the day and we happened to be on Fifth Avenue at the time. My mom saw Zara two blocks from where we were, and we decided to go check it out. The Zara near 52nd Street was the biggest Zara store I’ve ever been to. We were surprised by the collection they had and instantly became fans. Since then, I began shopping there and my whole wardrobe changed. At this time everyone was obsessing with Abercrombie & Fitch, Forever 21, and  Zara was new and different. It had a sophisticated and feminine theme and its uniqueness really attracted my eye. The embroidered designs they began to produce made me think about my Ukrainian background and culture because they use the same motif that is used in the Ukrainian traditional folk costumes. Another reason why I really loved shopping there was because it made me stand out from everyone else in my school. 

Ever since I was little, I loved dressing up and throwing on outfits. It became natural and easy for me. I believe that fashion is a form of art because it allows you to express your views on styles in any way you want it to be. It gives you a certain amount of freedom and allows you to be who you want to be. There is so much mixing, matching, and updated choices that it creates ways to be able to stand out and define your personality. 

I’ve always wanted to help women enhance their natural beauty with their own special style. I know so many girls, including me who suffer or have suffered from low self-esteem, but I embraced who I was, and I noticed that my style brought my confidence boost up and drove me to my life. The way you carry yourself professionally changes your entire viewpoint and the way you  address different situations. A certain style can make you feel happy and helps to capture rapid attention. It really is about the way you can convey your stand and taste to the people that you surround yourself with. Fashion can help you become creative by putting together an art piece and paving your way in motivating yourself and your peers with your inspiration. In addition, having a healthy self-confidence is essential to your well-being, not only it is mentally and emotionally important for you to feel good about yourself, but it can affect your work productivity and it can actually make you feel and be more successful!

Inspirations others!
Her Campus Pace Contributor