Career

My Internship with Ve M. Entertainment: How One Experience Can Impact You Forever

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

The music industry is a tough one to crack through. With endless talent and countless stars entering the scene every day, it can be hard to have your moment to shine. However, Ve. M. Entertainment has been helping artists grow and evolve for years, and it is time they get the spotlight they deserve! Ve M. Entertainment is an Indie record label that assists artists to assemble their projects. They serve all different aspects of the industry, from providing Vocal Production to Artist Development for all genres. The label was founded by Verna M. Miles, to which has had over ten years of experience in the entertainment industry and was a former A&R Manager for Sony Music. Verna has a passion for her artists, her label, and her interns. She encourages everyone who is apart of her team to express themselves and make the best of their abilities. 

When I discovered Ve M. Entertainment, I was so intrigued to learn more about the label and the artists behind it. Applying for an internship with the company was intimidating at first. Since prior, I had never had an internship with any label in the industry. But, once I spoke with Verna for the first time, she allowed me to express my ideas and motives for my future and the company as well. Having an internship with a label that lets me explore the ins and out of the industry is so inspiring. Watching artists grow and become their entities is a unique process. Verna once asked me, “Where do you see yourself in 5 years”, and I was honest and explained how I hope I can still be apart of the industry and keep myself afloat! The real world is a scary place for all of us. Coming out of college, I hope I can take the advice and knowledge I have gained as an intern for Ve M. Entertainment.

The artists behind Ve M. Entertainment are ones that should not go unnoticed. One artist that is a true superstar is Nicque Marina. Nicque started singing at the age of 2 and is a contemporary R&B and Pop Artist. Her story and journey to where she is today are truly inspiring and unique to her. She started her journey when she was appointed to the United-States Air-Force Academy, where she sang and acted. After graduating, she went on to be selected, for Tops in Blue, which is the Air-Forces premier entertainment group. They went on a 10-month tour spanning 16 countries, Nicque’s career had only just begun! I was personally inspired so much by Nicque when looking into the artists behind Ve M. Entertainment. They allowed her to truly embrace her creativity and make content that is her own. Nicque has amassed a giant social media following of over 500K, specifically on Tik Tok. Her covers and mashups warm people’s hearts and make her a one-of-a-kind artist! She is currently working on plans to release an upcoming EP in late 2020 or early 2021. Keep your eyes out for her new music and check out all her work. I will link it all below! 

My experience with Ve M. Entertainment thus far has given me an outlook on the entertainment industry that I am so glad to have moving forward into the future. If you have the time, please share and take a look at all the hard work we put into our artists and their creative outlets! Keep your mind open to different music and sounds. You never know what you may find or if you acquire a new taste for something. If you know anyone interested in being represented with the label, feel free to reach out to us. The links are below! 

Ve M. Entertainment:  https://linktr.ee/VeMEntertainment

Nicque:  https://linktr.ee/Nicque 

Lisarose Ryan is a sophomore at Pace University, she is studying Communication Studies with a minor in Arts and Entertainment Management. Shes either obsessing over Shawn Mendes or eating some chips and guac!