My Experience at “The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

On Wednesday, December 6th, I had the opportunity to see Jimmy Fallon live at Studio 6B at NBC Studios in New York City. One of the best things about living in the city is the endless opportunities to attend show tapings for free; The Tonight Show is one of them. All you have to do is go to this page https://1iota.com/ at the time the tickets go live. To find out when that is, follow @FallonTix on Twitter. Once you’re signed up for the waitlist, you must wait until they inform you that you won the tickets. In my case, I waited two weeks until I received the tickets. Originally, I was going to go to the show in November but due to Jimmy Fallon’s Mom passing away, the show was canceled. They rebooked us for December and offered V.I.P tickets!

Finally, the day of the show arrives and my friends and I are super excited but of course, the subway decides to work against us! However, we made it on time. One of the first things they told us was that no pictures are allowed at any time you are inside the building. But, staff from the show walk around the waiting area with an iPad, taking pictures to upload online.

Once everyone is seated in the studio, a comedian comes out and interacts with the audience to get everyone hyped. He told us some rules like laughing and clapping at specific times, especially when the signs say so – which is almost all the time (my hands still hurt)! Then, “The Roots” played a song and Jimmy Fallon came out from behind the curtain. He performed his monologue and introduced his first guest, John Cena; they did a funny sketch and couldn’t stop laughing the whole time. I couldn’t stop laughing at the second guest star, Bridget Everett. She sang “The Climb” by Miley Cyrus and in the picture below, you can see me and my friends in the background laughing! The show ended with a performance by Beck.

During the breaks, Jimmy talked to the audience and walked around and for the most part, he was standing next to me (I was screaming internally). He let everyone ask him something and one woman asked him why his hands were so soft…he was speechless. At the end of the show, I high five-ed him and I can confirm, his hands are soft. He is a genuinely nice person who loves his job.

Overall, I had an amazing time at the taping of the show and I can’t wait to go again. Now, all I have to do is wait until I’m a sophomore so I can apply for an internship with NBC at The Tonight Show.

Her Campus Pace Contributor