This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

Another week, another movie release. This time, it’s John Krasinski’s movie, A Quiet Place.

Here’s a SPOILER FREE review.

Now I’ll admit, I’m not big on scary/horror movies, but this one caught my attention. A Quiet Place isn’t a classic horror film with a murderer or a haunting, instead, there’s a monster/creature. As the title mentions, it was a quiet movie, but not like the silent movies from the 1800’s. Throughout, there were only about five minutes of dialogue. It was, of course, a quiet movie because of the storyline, and I think that’s what added that scare factor because any sort of noise would warrant a little jump or scare.

Emily Blunt, Krasinski’s wife in real life, also played his wife on screen. Blunt’s character was pregnant, which added a unique element to the movie, considering they have to live silently while raising a newborn baby! I loved Emily Blunt in this role. The only other movie I’ve seen her in was The Devil Wears Prada, and although the two are from different genres, Blunt puts on a stellar performance. I felt it was easy for her to channel being a pregnant mother because she’s been through the experience in real life. However, one particular scene where she’s in a bathtub was where I felt Blunt’s character shinned the most. In an interview with Jimmy Fallon on The Tonight Show, Krasinski told Fallon that bathroom scene was done in one take.

My final thoughts are that I definitely recommend seeing A Quiet Place, even if you’re not into thrillers or horror movies. And major props to John Krasinski for developing this original story and thriller about family and love.

Thank you for reading and stay tuned for my review of Truth or Dare, next week!

Hey everyone! I'm Madeline, but everyone knows me as Maddie! Originally born and raised in The Golden State but took a chance and moved to the heart of the Big Apple! I am a freshman college student at Pace University majoring in Political Science. I am a dog lover, a huge Dodger Fan, I love TV shows (where my whovians at?) and I love to cook and bake. I hope you enjoy reading my articles as I will be talking about things that interest me, some personal stories and other topics I would love to share! Happy reading!!
Her Campus Pace Contributor